Sound stutters during CD playback of my Philips device
Published on 2017-09-19
There might be various reasons why the sound from your Philips device is stuttering, please try the following steps to be able to enjoy your CDs again:
Check if the disc is clean
You may use a piece of soft fine cloth to gently wipe away any dust on the surface. Wipe away from the centre. Do not wipe in circles.
Note: If you are using CD cleaning liquid, always read and follow the instructions for using the cleaning liquid.
- Avoid listening to disc that is scratched
- If the CD lens is accessible, you may clean the lens using a CD lens cleaner (always read and follow the instructions for using the cleaner)
- Use a lower compression level to burn tracks onto a CD. A compression level of higher than 320 kbps may cause problems.
- If the problem persists, try listening to several other CDs
- If the stuttering is heard also with a number of CDs, it is possible that device needs further investigation
If you are still facing the issue, please contact our Consumer support in order to provide a solution.
Our site can best be viewed with the latest version of Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome or Firefox.