Before you start: Make sure that Firmware version v1.43 or higher is already installed on your recorder. Earlier versions do not support upgrades over USB and need to be updated with a CD-R(W) disc.
Note: Verify that your USB storage device is detected by the recorder and empty before you try to upgrade the Firmware. If the USB storage device cannot be detected, you need to use a disc to upgrade the Firmware.
You can only use USB Flash devices for the upgrade. External hard disk drives (HDD) need a moment to initialise, which makes them too slow to upgrade the Firmware.
- Download the software from the Philips website.
- Unzip the file and place the 'integrated_image.bin' file on a USB flash storage device (at least 64Mb in size).
- Turn the recorder on and insert the USB flash storage device.
- Press 'USB' on the remote control
- A dialogue will now appear to guide you through the rest of the process.